Last updated: August 8, 2020
Personal Information Collected
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to He Speaks Today Services. Examples include identifying information such as your name, address, and phone number, and payment information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our He Speaks Today Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of He Speaks Today. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses He Speaks Today and other content served by or on behalf of He Speaks Today on other websites. Examples of automatic information collected include your IP address, content of reviews and e-mails to you, login e-mail address and password, the location of your device or computer, version and time zone settings, purchase and content use history, the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website, and phone numbers used to call our customer service number.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve products and customer services. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve He Speaks Today Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the He Speaks Today Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with He Speaks Today Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to He Speaks Today Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail).
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, He Speaks Today, and others.
Cookies and Other Identifiers
Sharing Personal Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing payments, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of He Speaks Today and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of He Speaks Today, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We utilize and design systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We utilize the Shopify System to handle credit card and other personal data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our systems offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
You can access your information provided through "Your Account" on the website.
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact us.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
- If you are a retailer, you can add or update certain information by updating your account.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Children's Use of He Speaks Today Services
He Speaks Today does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use He Speaks Today Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Terms of Service, Notices, and Revisions